Sunday, November 25, 2012

Got wood?

I haven't really done much of this sort of model-making before, so I wasn't sure what to use as a base. However I wanted it to be sturdy, reasonably light, and (since I'm building on a budget) not too expensive, so I settled on wood. I'm no carpenter (though my brother is!) so I'm not quite sure what the name of the specific type of wood is - since I got it from the left-overs bin at the local DIY market. I also got the plates cut to size (48x48 cm) there, and ended up paying 120 kr. (something like 12£, or 16-18 euro) for all 4 plates, which was reasonable to me.

I also picked up some other remedies I'd need, this was how my work table looked right before starting the actual work:



and then printed out a plan of each of the boards I was going to make, like so:


 and started mapping out a 4x4cm grid on the wooden boards, like so:


Then I mapped in where walls and door were supposed to go:



and did likewise for the second board:


and, as of the date of this post, that's where I am - hopefully I'll get further with it in the coming weeks/months, though like I stated in the beginning - I am not going to rush this :)







No comments:

Post a Comment